NASW Virginia is requesting proposals for 1.5 hour or 3 hour workshops to be presented at the 2019 NASW-VA Annual Conference March 28-30 in Williamsburg, VA. The chapter is seeking presenters for intermediate (5-8 practice years experience) and advanced (8 or more practice years experience) in a diverse array of topics including but not limited to clinical, evidence-based practice, research and other skill based training for social workers in all practice settings including health care, case management, clinical, school, the elderly, LGBT and more.
The Annual Conference attracts over 350 social workers and other human service and behavioral health professionals. Attendees work in practice settings including clinical, agency, substance abuse and addiction, aging, school and more.
Benefits for Conference Presenters:
Earn Category 2 hours as a conference presenter
Get a discount on conference registration
Get professional exposure with 350 conference attendees
Present your subject matter in a professional conference setting
To Submit an Application, Have:
• At least 3 years of work experience or a graduate degree in the specific topic area.
• Certification of licensure as a social worker, psychologist, marriage & family therapist, board
certified psychiatrist, certified alcohol and drug counselor or medical doctor (if presentation is of
a clinical nature).
• Proposals must be submitted electronically using NASW-VA’s Presenter Application form.
• Multiple proposals from a single presenter will be accepted if each is submitted on a separate
• Only complete applications with all attachments will be considered.
• Video clips are not mandatory but strongly encouraged.
• Applications may be emailed or submitted on a flash drive or CD; No paper copies, please.
• Deadline to receive applications is 5pm on Tuesday, September 19, 2018 .
• Due to the time-intensive review process, no exceptions or extensions will be granted.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, please contact Jaime Strohhacker, Professional Development Coordinator. Email for More Information or call (804) 204-1339 Ext 202.